Skip to main content
General Information about Parkinson's
- Over age 60, disease rapidly increases and is more prevalent in males; 2 to 1.
- Incidence rate is hard to define; need to identify a large population of individuals. In 2013, estimates were about 53 million
- About 40% of patients will experience some level of depression; affects overall health
- Regular exercise, medications (on time) and diet are the best defenses to slow the disease
- As of 2017, there is no known cure; studies to find a cure are increasing and new drugs are being developed
- Families, friends and everyone should be aware of this disease and its effects.